Totaal aantal pageviews

vrijdag 6 juli 2012

Exhausting and emotional day

05 juli 2012 was a very very exhausting and emotional day, for us all.

In the morning I had to go to the dentist, for a rootcanal treatment, as in 4 sessions, the dentist will put a crown on my molar. As I am slightly fobic about dentists and the work they do, I had a headache, was nerveous and felt sick. But fortunately the treatment was 30 mins and I felt no pain, the only problem was me swallowing some bleach, which made my throat sore the whole day.

The nervousness was not only for me going to the dentist, but also for us going to the hospital with ZiXuan. We needed to get blood drawn as part of the adoption screening. Based on his bloodwork, we can determine which shots he needs to get to get immunized for the regular children's deceases. But also based on that we know about the general health of our littly boy.

Both Nina and I dreaded this day. We know it is all for the benefit of ZiXuan, but still it wouldn't be a nice experience, seeing people poking needles to get blood in our son.

But all in all we must say that we are very proud of ZiXuan. Even though he cried most of the part, he did not cry out of frustration, nor did he put up a fight. He was crying in a irritated way as to saying, what are you doing and why can't I get my hand back.

They drew 10 small tubes of blood....did not know so much blood could be drawn....;o)
After this experiencxe Nina could start the soothing and calming of ZiXuan. She took him in her arms and carried him outside of the building and he stopped crying. Within 5 minutes he was relaxed and even started to make some happier noises. Even the nurses said, that they tought that he was remarkable and a very good looking boy.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten